Between April/May 2020, Seldon Rosser undertook a series of conversations with CMOs from 32 professional services firms across the Asia Pacific. The conversations were structured around:
- Workplace Culture
- Technology & Digital
- Team Structures & Job Function
- Opportunities & Challenges facing their teams during COVID-19
Whilst it is clear that this report takes the temperature of a moment in time during the COVID-19 journey, much of the content remains very relevant and it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 12 months.
10 Key Takeaways
- Simplified budgets tied more closely to pipeline
- Very few CMOs could point to actual fee-income metrics to demonstrate ROI
- Stakeholder access has improved and decision-making is faster
- Increase in collegiality, teamwork and skills sharing
- Some roles will be location agnostic
- Lack of 2IC evident for many CMOs
- Digital strategy not sufficient in most cases
- Long standing vacant roles improved and decision making negatively impact future resourcing strategy
- Increased shift to commercial BD and client focused activities
- Move away from broad brush profile raising marketing activities
We have had great feedback from those CMOs who participated and we are pleased to share this report more widely.
To learn more, download a full copy of the report.