- Excellent mentor and team environment
- Global law firm - sophisticated and well regarded
- Opportunity to begin and then develop your career in LPM
Are you interested in starting a career in Legal Project Management (LPM)? This is a rare opportunity to get your first step on this career ladder.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Supporting specific client-facing projects in coordination with other LPM team members.
- Coordinating work effort, scoping, planning, fee monitoring, status reporting, tracking scope changes, liaising with specialist departments and offices worldwide.
- Liaising with the client, the Firm’s client matter team as well as the Firm’s specialist departments and offices worldwide.
- Supporting the regional legal project managers in tracking matter scope and managing projects.
- Preparing project plans to support the client matter team.
- Monitoring costs and fees on an ongoing basis.
- Supporting the implementation of project management tools and efficiency improvements.
Who should apply?
At the Coordinator / Senior Coordinator level we are not expecting prior LPM experience. Instead you might be a BD Executive (or junior Lawyer) who is seeking a change. Law firm experience is preferred, but other professional services experience will be considered (accounting, engineering, management consulting).
It is important that you bring enthusiasm, willingness to learn, resilience, a ‘can-do’attitude and strong relationship building skills. This will also suit someone practical and process orientated. Many of the soft skills that make a successful BD or Marketing professional are transferable to the LPM specialism.
Whilst a qualification in Project Management would be viewed favourably (PRINCE2, PMP etc), if you have an aptitude for leaning to use technical platforms and an interest in Project Management, this firm can be your training ground.