We recognise the importance of privacy protection. Our policy for managing any personal information that you might disclose to us while visiting this website is explained below.
What is your “personal information”?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you, so long as you are reasonably identifiable from that information. Personal information includes “sensitive information”. Sensitive information can include information or opinion about your:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- political opinion;
- membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- sexual orientation or practices;
- criminal record;
- health or disability;
- expressed wishes about the future provision of health services;
- genetic information, biometric information; and/or
- biometric templates.
Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Seldon Rosser Pty Ltd (ABN 73 151 509 394) for its use and the use of related organisations and other organisations or individuals who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements.
The kind of personal information which we collect
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our website, as described below. In general terms, however, we collect information ranging from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It includes the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements.
Method of collection
Personal information may be collected in a number of ways.
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you (1) subscribe to our jobs & news; (2) send us a copy of your CV; and/or (3) request in any other way (written or verbal) that we keep in touch with you in the future about career opportunities or career related information, or (4) provide any other information in connection with your application to us or registration.
Collection from third party sources
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- we receive any reference about you;
- we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- you provide us with any additional information about you;
- we update your information from publicly available sources, including but not limited to LinkedIn.
Collection via your use our public site
We record the email addresses of these recipients which may be used, subject to applicable legal constraints, for our own marketing purposes.
The reason we collect your personal information
Your personal information is collected primarily to enable us to provide a service related to our role as an employment agency. In connection with this primary purpose, the information will be used to communicate with you via email, text messaging, Whatsapp or LinkedIn (as well as other social media platforms) when content relevant or potentially relevant to your areas of interest becomes available. The information may also be used for marketing purposes.
How your information will be held
Your information will be stored securely in the Job Adder or Active Campaign databases. No data will be stored on the website. The circumstances under which we use or disclose information about you except as otherwise alluded to in this policy, we will not sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so. An exception to this is where Seldon Rosser may be required by law to disclose certain information. Principally, your personal and sensitive information will be used in connection with:
- your actual or possible work placement;
- our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to
- potential and actual employers and clients of Seldon Rosser;
- our insurers;
- a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- a Workers Compensation body;
- our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers;
- any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
We are committed to adhering to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). If you do not give us the information we seek:
- we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- we may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
- we may be limited in our ability to provide relevant content of interest to you in your career.
Overseas disclosure of your personal information
If you are located overseas or are interested in an overseas placement, or if we reasonably consider that it is in your interests for us to transmit your personal information to a recipient located overseas, you will be deemed to have consented to the overseas transmission of your personal information as part of our work placement services. Not all overseas jurisdictions have privacy and data protection laws equivalent to Australia’s.
If they do, then you will be protected by the laws of that country and not by the laws of Australia; if they do not, you may not have the benefit of privacy protection, or at least privacy protection which is equivalent to the Australian Privacy Principles. How we communicate with you We may communicate with you via hard copy correspondence, via emails or text / Whatsapp messages, or via social media (including but not limited to LinkedIn). Our electronic communications with you form part of our professional relationship.
If, nevertheless, you wish to cease receiving such communications, you will be able to unsubscribe. Hard copy communications likewise form part of our professional relationship, but if you wish to cease receive any such communications, you will have the ability to opt out. Retention of personal information We will preserve the contents of any e-mail and text correspondence between us, together with file notes of any telephone discussions, so long as they remain relevant to our professional relationship and for a longer period if we have a legal requirement to do so. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information up to date.
You will appreciate, however, that we rely primarily on the individual to inform us as to any change of details. We may contact you from time to time, inviting you to update your details. If we are holding information about you which is no longer required, we will destroy it or de-identify it as we consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Security of your personal information
We have implemented steps which we consider reasonably appropriate to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the Australian Privacy Principles (Principle 12 – Access to Personal Information; Principle 13 – Correction of Personal Information), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you discover that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date. In some cases we may impose a moderate charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us with a complaint about our management of your personal or sensitive information, you may contact Seldon Rosser (ABN 73 151 509 394) on +61 3 9903 6402.