During May 2021, Seldon Rosser conducted a series of zoom sessions with four groups of CMOs/Directors of BD&M (a total of 26) from major law firm brands in Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand & Singapore.
The discussion with every group centred around the question:
How are clients expecting to engage with law firms in the future, and, how will this impact BD&MC team structures?
- Have client expectations changed?
- How have they changed?
- And how did the insights shared affect whether law firm BD&MC teams have the right skills and people in place for the future of the industry?
In this report – we share what we heard.
Key topics include:
- Lawyers as business advisors
- The impact of pricing
- Project managing the business of law
- Virtual client engagement and bespoke content strategies
- The role of the Client Relationship Manager
- Generalist v Specialist BD professionals
- The role of Marcomms specialists
- The changing nature of the CMO role
- Location & resources/low cost centres
- Partners & BD&M
- Investment in BD&M and skills development for BD&M
We have had great feedback from those CMOs who participated and we are pleased to share this report more widely.
To learn more, download a full copy of the report.