- Newly created role
- Works alongside a national team
- Generalist role with BD & Marketing project delivery
Urbis has one simple goal – to shape cities and communities of Australia for a better future. The purpose, which was first articulated in 2016 encapsulates the vision of the business and its people. The company has enjoyed solid revenue and client growth in the intervening years, growing to more than 600 cityshapers across from 8 offices across Australia and Asia via its international business Cistri. They are big-small company or a small-big company which is testament to their growing reputation.
The shape of cities and the way communities live have been touched by Urbis in some way. Through a unique combination of urban planning, design, evidence-backed insights, they envision, design, develop and improve the places and cities in which we love, work and play.
They have enjoyed much success but do not want to sit on their laurels. Strengthening their market orientation and maximising their market impact is key to the next stage of our growth. In line with this, they have created a BD & Marketing role – initially offered as a 12-month fixed term contract, which has the potential to become permanent. The role is based in their brand new Melbourne office.
Reporting to the Group Brand Clients Director and working closely with the national Brand & Clients team the role will be focused on driving and delivering a diverse range of market and client growth priorities including :
- Develop and deliver business development strategies and plans to support the growth of priority markets and clients nationally
- Drive a strong market and client orientation to develop and articulate value propositions to support work winning.
- Foster an ‘ideas culture’, supporting the development of compelling thought leadership to take to market to support pre-positioning and client engagement.
- Collaborate with your Business Development and Commercial Manager peers to drive awareness and use of our market, client and pipeline tools and elevate opportunity management
- Be a champion of tender best practice, supporting our people to utilise the Tender Toolkit, navigate go/no decisions, devise winning strategies and value propositions, and coach teams to sharpen their pitch and find their Bolder Voice along the way.
- Elevate the ‘client voice’ within Urbis – contribute to the development and implementation of our client listening program. Surface and share actionable insights to drive positive changes in client engagement.
- Proactively strengthen and leverage key industry relationships to identify profile, thought leadership and advocacy opportunities in line with business development priorities.
To be successful, you will have experience in a similar role working as part of a clients, sector or generalist BD team and are looking to take that next step in your career with a highly ambitious professional services firm.
Urbis have partnered with us exclusively on this recruitment campaign and a full prospectus is available which includes a Q&A with the Group Brand Clients Director.To find out more or apply for this role, please email Katie Rosser or call on +61 424 944 997.