- Australia remit - part of collaborative global communications team
- Global professional services firm
- Contract roles can be strategic career choices
Having placed several of the senior leaders in this global professional services firm, we are excited to bring this career opportunity in their team to market.
This is a mat leave cover role – which could be a strategic career choice for someone to gain experience working with impressive senior leaders in Communications, Marketing, BD, and Executive Management. You would learn an incredible amount during this year – and also have the platform to deliver some interesting work and projects.
The core purpose is the development and implementation of communications strategy to build the firm’s profile and brand reputation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the firm’s media relations strategy
- Developing relationships with key national, business and legal press
- Handling media enquiries and acting as a spokesperson for the firm
- Proactively pursuing all opportunities to maximise coverage by positioning partners as commentators on relevant issues
- Drafting and issuing press announcements and organising media briefings
- Working with BD to help develop thought leadership programmes to build reputation in key industries
- Coaching partners to become more effective communicators and fostering relationships between partners and key press
- Working closely with the Global Head of Media Relations and the global PR team
Who should apply?
We recognise that professionals progress at different paces though you will have a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience of external communications within a professional services firm, corporate or consultancy. Your knowledge of the financial and business media (and potentially legal press) will be viewed favourably. International firm experience will be a plus. Exceptional communications skills are a must, and this will suit someone with strong influencing, diplomacy and relationship building skills. You will also have strong decision making ability, demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive.